Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our house smells soooo Good




I had a 'bright idea' this spring and planted several herbs I'd never grown before. It's been, still is, a great experience but am today reaping the benifits of my hard labor.

You see, one of the things I use a ton of is 'Italian Seasoning' - you know the dried combination of herbs that you can pay a fortune for.

I planted (among some herbs for other things):
Thyme
Parsley
Oregano
Rosemary
Marjoram
Basel
Sage

This morning I harvested some of each herb and filled my food dehydrator. I'm not sure how long it will take to dry them but if it comes out right I will have enough Italian Seasoning to last several months and still have more growing in the garden.

When you plant your garden do you plant a lot of things for one end product such as I did for the Italian seasoning? (I did the same thing for Salsa)

No comments: