Sunday, October 28, 2007

Juried Arts and Crafts Show

This will be yet another first for me - a juried arts & crafts show. Mel has experience with these from years back when he was showing his handmade unique jewelry but I'm new to this.

If your not familure with this term, which I wasn't until a few months ago, a juried show means that a selected 'jury' will be judging the arts and crafts. Some of these shows offer very high priced awards for the winners while others merely do this to keep out the flee market junk and can monitor the quality of the arts and crafts shown.

I have no great expectations of taking first place but it will be a great experience for future shows and hey, who knows, we just may be more original and creative than I think we are at this point.

So, if your looking for something to do On November 10th, 2007 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. why not pop into Marshall High School in Marshall, Michigan and pay us a visit at our Nature Inspired Handcrafts booth. You just may find some great gifts for friends and family while at the same time you can help support the Santa's Bag Arts and Crafts Show which is a fund raiser for the Fountain Clinic.

You can learn more about the Brooks Memorial Fountain in Marshall Michigan at the Marshall Chamber of Commerce web site but I can tell you this much - it's beautiful. I remember as a young girl visiting Marshall with my Grandparents and the thrill of driving around the beautiful fountain. I'm happy to know that the chamber of commerce is working at keeping this a terrific Michigan landmark.

If you need directions to the arts and crafts show in Marshall, Michigan feel free to leave a comment on this discussion and we'll do our best to help you out.

No comments: